Integrated Mental Health Manager
Mount Isa and Normanton, QLD
- Join the leaders in the provision of community-based allied and mental health, working in far north and western Queensland
- Busy operational role organising and directing activities of the mental health and wellbeing workforce
- Excellent remuneration circa $120,000 plus a host of benefits including relocation assistance
About North and West Remote Health (NWRH)
Leaders in the delivery of community based aged care, allied health, wellbeing, disability and outreach services in remote Australia since 1993, North and West Remote Health (NWRH) harnesses the diversity, energy and professionalism of a large team of multidisciplinary health care professionals delivering comprehensive healthcare services in remote and indigenous communities across Australia.
This dynamic and evolving organisation continues to break new ground in the provision of direct health services and preventative health programs and is a leading advocate for rural and remote health care.
For further information, please visit our website.
Your new Career Awaits!
An exciting opportunity currently exists for two Integrated Mental Health Managers to join the North and West Remote Health (NWRH) teams on a full-time basis, working from either their Normanton or Mount Isa office.
Reporting to the Executive Manager - Primary Health Care and Human Resources, you will plan, organise, direct and review day-to-day operations in order to position the organisation to respond to change in both the internal and external operating environments. You will also work to integrate the Mental Health and Wellbeing workforce and services across the Primary Health Care, Aged Care and Disability programs. This will be achieved by:
- Leading organisation-wide primary mental health service model design, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander models; implementation and operational oversight across sites and funded programs;
- Providing day-to-day direction and management of Mental Health/Wellbeing programs and operations, and fulfilling funding objectives and clinical governance;
- Overseeing clinical supervision, credentialing and monitoring of mental health clinicians and workers; and
- Monitoring and overseeing funding contracts on a monthly basis, including review and analysis of program profit and loss activities.
To view the full position description please click here.
For further information, please contact Dominic Sandilands on 0428 984 098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this position you will have relevant tertiary qualifications in mental health or similar and current registration with the appropriate registration board or professional body. You will also have extensive mental health experience, ideally in leading primary mental health services. Post graduate management qualifications will be highly regarded.
Your awareness of Indigenous mental health issues and understanding of what constitutes competent and culturally accepted mental health and wellbeing service provision to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in regional, rural and remote communities will be critical to your success.
Why you'll love working with NWRH
Whether you are looking for a change of scenery, a new adventure or a chance to give back to the community, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution. Put your knowledge and experience to good use, whilst gaining invaluable remote health care experience.
NWRH is one of the largest health service providers in the area presenting further career progression opportunities.
Successful candidates will receive an excellent remuneration circa $120,000 (commensurate with skills and qualifications).
In addition, a range of further benefits will be provided, including:
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15,900;
- Leave loading of 17.5%;
- Rental Subsidy;
- 5 weeks annual leave; and
- Relocation assistance.
Don't miss out on this pivotal opportunity - Apply Now!
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a criminal record check
- Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply